Culture Ticino Network’s committee includes an Executive Board and an Honorary Committee.
Our Executive Board:
Margherita Maffeis, Founding President. At a very young age Margherita Maffeis assumed management and leadership roles in different enterprises, was involved in politics for 12 years, eight of which as town counsellor (Municipale) in Lugano; at the same time, she was committed to promote cultural projects, literary activities, solidarity initiatives and charity events. She was a member of Generazioni & Sinergie and other local Associations. Furthermore, she is very passionate about the subject of women rights and support many causes on this topic. Currently: since 2009, she is a real passionate manager of her own marketing and communication agency, MaffeisNetwork SA, in Lugano (www.maffeisnetwork.ch); since 2011, she established Culture Ticino Network; since 2015, she is the regional director and member of the Advisory Council of the Schweizer Stiftung für Berufliche Jugendförderung (Swiss Foundation for the Professional Support of Youth).
Sabine De Luca, Committee’s member. Since 2014 is a member of the executive committee. Sabine De Luca is involved in many cause-related activities and solidarity initiatives, she is also deeply involved in the promotion of a culture of peace and its proliferation among young people. She is not only an active businesswomen but also mother of two beautiful children. She was born and raised in the German-speaking part of Switzerland and now resides in Ticino with her family.
Jolanda Conedera, Committee’s member. From 2015 to 2016 she was a member of the Honorary Committee, since 2017 is a member of the Executive Committee. She is a sunny woman, active in the solidarity and women rights . Moreover, she is a Commitee’s member of a Service Women Club and she has the peace projects close to her heart.
Laura Oreggioni, Honorary Committee member since 2017 and Committee member since 2018. After finishing her post-grad studies in the US and in Berlin she went to Lugano, where she actually is teacher in Franklyn University. She combines her passion for traveling and her desire to help the needy by supporting humanitarian and solidarity projects for peace.
Assistants of the Executive Board:
Michael Mercurio, graduated in economic and management at the Università della Svizzera Italiana. Passionated about marketing, web site management and social media, Michael has been working together since 2016 with the Association, in the amministrative and accountant sector, helping also with the technical part of the events. He is a sunny person, always ready to help others and he believes in social justice.
Technical support: Franco Maffeis, electrician installer
Our Honorary Committee:
Culture Ticino Network also have an Honorary Committee, which include many well-known people from Ticino and abroad: in July and August 2017 the Association will reorganize the committee.
- Arthur Bolliger, Bolliger & Tanzi’s director
- Prof. em. Dr. Marina Cattaruzza, historian;
- Julia Gertseva, singer
- Walter Lisetto, President of Gruppo Carrozzella inSuperAbili;
- Marco Romano, National Counselor;
- Laura Oreggioni, Professor at Franklin University;
- Marco Treichler, GenerazionePiù;
- Maristella Polli, ex RSI former journalist;
- Antonio Franzi, Journalist;
- Marina Bottinelli, Delegate of the Italian Chamber of Commerce for the Switzerland;
- Adrian Weiss, President of Switzerland Israel Association, Ticino section;
- Tamara Pinillos, Missionary;
- Nataliya Shtey Gilardoni, Entrepreneur;
- Maria Gabriella Rossi, Entrepreneur;
- Daniel Ryser, Engineer;
The Association also avails itself of a Italian-Swiss Committee , in July and August 2017 the Association will reorganize the committee.
- Stefano Cropanese, President of Reatium Association;
- Enrica Nogara, Comunal Counselor of Luino;
- Mauro Guarneri, President of Insubria Arte;
- General Consulate of Italy;
The Culture Ticino Network would like to thank all its volunteers, especially:
- Andrea Lavaria and Bomb Sargenti, photographers;
- Andrea Bertolotto (WeshDesign), graphic;
- Angelo Forte, webmaster;
- Jennefer Espinosa, volunteer at the Bethany House Sto. Nino
Further thanks go to MaffeisNetwork team, the City of Lugano, the Republic and Canton of Ticino, and all the artists, musicians, lecturers, moderators, and authorities who have worked with us during all these years.
Thank you from the bottom of our heart!